Recipe: Instapot Chicken & Rice
Based on spendwithpennies.com
6 servings in 45mins
1 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup long-grain white rice
3 chicken breasts 7-8 oz each
1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth or water
10 oz cream of mushroom soup condensed
salt and black pepper
1 bag of frozen steamable broccoli
- Grease inside of a 6QT instant pot. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Rinse rice under cool water until the water runs clear.
- In order to add mushrooms, onion, rice, chicken breasts to the Instant Pot.
Pour broth over chicken breasts. Spread mushrooms soup over top of chicken breasts. Do not stir.
- Set instant pot to MANUAL. Choose HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes. 15 mins if the chicken is frozen. (The Instant Pot will take about 15 minutes to reach pressure).
- Steam Broccoli in the microwave (following the directions on the bag)while waiting.
- Once completed, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and remove chicken. Add broccoli. Stir rice and mushrooms. Shred chicken and return to rice and mix well.